The amount of time it takes to clean your home depends on a number of factors, but customers and cleaning services can work from the following guidelines when setting job expectations and priorities. (click here to learning about estimates and labor hours)
Pros provide cleaning supplies for each type of cleaning. Thus, it is important to report the proper type of cleaning you need and expect. Each type of cleaning requires a different set of supplies.
- Vacuuming and mopping of floors, dusting, and garbage removal in all rooms
- Kitchen counters, sink, and stove
- Bathroom toilet, sink, tub/shower, mirrors
- Cleaning service professional provides industry-standard supplies (more info)
Deep Cleaning - Tasks under a Standard Cleaning and can also include:
- Kitchen - behind oven and fridge (removed prior to cleaning), inside microwave, inside and outside cabinets (if items are not removed note this could require additional time than expected)
- Bathroom - deep grout scrub of toilet, sink, tub/shower, inside and outside cabinets
- Spot clean baseboards, vacuum under furniture, vacuum furniture in all rooms, garbage cans sanitized
Move-in Move-out Cleaning - Tasks under a deep cleaning in a home with no furniture
- Pro not expected to clean inside all appliances or deep clean/shampoo carpets and remove scrapes on walls
- Booking a move-in / move-out clean does not guarantee a passed inspection or a full deposit returned. Certain conditions cannot be addressed within one type of clean or visit. We highly recommend to be prepared for requesting additional time if the home has not been professionally cleaned for a while
Add-ons - additional time is added to address
- Inside Fridge - Wipe-down of all surfaces and drawers. Freezer not included
- Inside Oven - Removal of grease
- Inside Windows - Glass cleaning windows up to 7 feet high
- Blinds - Dusting / cleaning blinds up to 7 feet high
- Wall Wash - Cleaning walls up to 7 feet throughout the house
Post-Construction Cleaning - Interior cleaning up only. All construction/renovation must be complete and equipment must be removed. Ability to remove scratches, scuffs, and dried paint is not guaranteed
- Walls, removing dust and dirt where possible
- Spot cleaning baseboards and faces, sides, and tops of doors
- Cleaning floors or vacuuming carpet
- Cleaning windows, including tracks and frames
- Wipe down of bathroom(s) used
- Wipe down of counters and inside/outside of cabinets (any items must be removed prior)
- Removing all trash, plastic coverings, and stickers
What's not required? To clarify expectations, some tasks are not required in cleanings for safety and insurance purposes. These include, but are not limited to:
- Washing dishes, making beds, and washing/folding/ironing laundry - should be requested in the booking notes, but pros have the discretion to not do dishes, make beds or clean/fold laundry and additional labor hour charges may apply.
- Indoor above 7 feet - Items that requires being on ladders to reach hands above 7 feet are not included such as ceiling fans, high cabinets, high shelving, etc.
- Moving furniture - Professionals are not expected to move furniture such as fridges, ovens, couches or beds to clean. Please move these items before the professional arrives if you would like to clean around these kinds of heavy items.
- Steam cleaning and carpet cleaning - While we are looking at bringing these service into Cleanify, currently these services should be booked separately outside of Cleanify.
- Other services not typically included are decluttering, organizational services, hoarding services, and pest control.
- Outdoor - Gutter cleaning, snow removal, and cleaning of balconies, patios, decks, outside windows and other outdoor spaces are not included in cleanings booked on Cleanify.